Monday 11 May 2015

What did you do at the weekend Daddy?


Daddy, what did you do at the weekend when you were away?

Hmmm, let me think...

I dressed in black
I journeyed far away with my friends
We went to a great round building
And gathered in darkness
Where there was great light and sounds so pure, so high and so deep
We sang together with our compatriots and many new friends
We roared like Mastodons
We droned, we groaned
We sang for the Radio
We posed around town
We sang our hearts out on stage with people a fifth of our age
We shantied, we flirted in front of hundreds
We listened in awe
We drank to a great life
We bathed ladies in sound
We serenaded our fellow singers
And marveled at their singing
We shared magical, memorable moments
We lived the dream

I think I didn't dream it, but I can't be sure ...

Daddy, you are funny

No comments:

Post a Comment